Tuesday, July 9, 2013

30 day challenge

Pregnancy wasn't as nice to me as i would have liked.

Prior to getting pregnant i was on the path to lose weight. I lost 5 pounds from my wedding and was loving it. I was finally fitting into those skinny jeans again and a size zero was fitted instead of a little tight. Hiking in utah during our cross country road trip helped as well. while in utah, we hiked over 10 miles a day. I was feeling great. A was feeling great.

I didn't gain too much weight the first trimester. The second trimester wasn't too bad either. However, the third trimester reared it's ugly fat head and my weight soared. The average recommended weight gain during pregnancy for an average weight woman is 25-35 pounds. I gained close to 40. I don't know how and I don't know why. My eating habits didn't change much. I presume it was my decrease in physical activities. There were no more mountains and/or hills here in South Carolina. It'd take us at least 3.5 hours to drive to the closest mountain ranges in North Carolina. I did keep up with my weekly yoga though. 

Now that O is here and almost one month old (yay!), it's time for me to get my butt back in shape. I've only lost 18 of the almost 40 pounds I gained. My tummy is slowly deflating but the weight is still here and it's driving me crazy. I still can't fit into my "normal" clothes and can barely squeezed into some of my loose tops. In lieu of hitting the gym, which I hate, I found some challenges I can do at home. Once my midwife clears me to really exercise again, A and I will be running again and I will again search for a new yoga studio to join. But for now, I will start my 30-day challenge.

The 30-day squat challenge is based on Khloe Kardashian's program. I also found a 30-day crunch challenge to pair up with it as well. Let the tightening begin (tomorrow)! 


No comments:

Post a Comment